Making a website mobile friendly is of the utmost importance for any business. With a majority of Americans owning a smartphone, most of the traffic to your business could be through a mobile device. In a 2012 survey from Google Inc., consumers stated that navigating through websites that were mobile-friendly are important to them, and nearly 3/4 of the study said they were likely to revisit a website if it was mobile-friendly.
So what benefits can your business expect from making the switch to mobile?
- Search engines will penalize you if you don’t. Google recently made changes to how the search engine works when used on a mobile device. To summarize, if your website isn’t ‘mobile-friendly,’ Google will penalize your rank your site lower when searched on a mobile device. This penalty directly affects the traffic to your website, which in turn will hurt your business. While this change was controversial, it is logical that a Google search would return sites that are the most useful to its users.
- It’s what your customers want. The aforementioned 2012 survey clearly showed that mobile users demand mobile friendly websites. But what will customers do if your site isn’t mobile-friendly? They leave! 61% of users who are on mobile-unfriendly sites leave, while 67% of users who are on mobile-friendly sites are more likely to buy something.
- What makes a site mobile friendly? So now that you know the benefits of having a mobile-friendly internet site, what are some things that you can implement to make your site better for mobile
- Fast load times
- Large Text
- Big buttons
- Simple navigation
- Call to actions
- Important business information on hand (phone, hours of service, maps).
- Location Detection
- Social media integration
- Ability to zoom on product images
Smart Tech Studios is an experienced website developer that puts a lot of emphasis on mobile-friendliness. We understand that a competent mobile site could make our break your business and we will work hard to make sure you realize your business goals. A mobile friendly site is key in snuffing out your competition and helping your business reach new heights.